Milton-Freewater Christian Church (MFCC) started in the 1880's in Milton. Followers of Christ from other congregations desired to unite together under their common purpose of advancing their "Master's cause." The first meeting was on November 23, 1886. The first building was erected in 1887, and in 1898 the church was incorprated as the Christian Church of Milton. The church continued to grow, necessitating a new building - "sturdy and large," was needed to house the growing congregation. That building, our "church building" today, was built in 1917 and dedicated during church service on Januaury 6, 1918 with a seeting capacity of approximately 350; we have been meeting here for 104 years!